DBS is dedicated to the development of an inspiring and nurturing environment in which students fulfil their unique potential as global leaders.
Motto: ‘Semper ad Maiora’ (Always to Greater Things)
The DBS motto ‘Always to Greater Things’ reflects the DBS commitment to continuous improvement, practised by the whole community; students, staff and parents.
Our vision is for DBS to be acknowledged as a leading provider of exceptional all-round education in a positive, compassionate community. We aim to nurture global leaders through the 4 DBS Pillars:
- An Enhanced British Curriculum
- Academic Excellence for All
- Entrepreneurship and Creative Thinking
- Community and Global Perspectives
An Enhanced British Curriculum
- Students benefit from a progressive and rigorous academic curriculum with a fulfilling and diverse co-curriculum, taught by particularly well-qualified teachers, to encourage lifelong learning.
- Students are given the opportunity to develop as able, well-rounded individuals with excellent communication skills, discovering interests and talents beyond the classroom.
- DBS provides superb facilities to give students a wide variety of opportunities.
Academic Excellence for All
- DBS promotes outstanding teaching and learning through a personalised approach that encourages students to reach their highest levels of achievement.
- Individual students are encouraged to be fully engaged in their learning, work hard and excel.
- Enquiry, curiosity and active collaborative participation are promoted.
- Students are well-prepared for entrance into world class universities and fulfilling future careers.
Entrepreneurship and Creative Thinking
- Students are encouraged to be critical thinkers, problem-solvers, strong leaders, and excellent team players.
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity are promoted.
- Students are encouraged to take risks, and show resilience to achieve appropriately challenging goals.
- Classrooms and communal spaces have stimulating display areas that reflect the high standards of the learning taking place in School.
Community and Global Perspectives
- DBS is committed to preserving ‘Thainess’ by placing importance on Thai language, culture, and arts.
- Students learn the importance of international values such as respect, thoughtfulness, empathy, kindness, generosity, integrity, and mindfulness.
- The focus on global citizenship creates an environment that encourages all students to be moral, understanding and tolerant of others.
- Students’ well-being is assured through fostering a happy, safe and purposeful environment, providing each child with the skills and opportunities to develop confidence, self-motivation, independence and a positive self-image.
- DBS encourages the home-school partnership, and parents are fully engaged in the learning process.
DBS is delighted to have international recognition: it has been granted membership of the Council of International Schools (CIS) after a glowing CIS evaluation. This is a premier international school association – 1,370 schools and universities across 116 countries – with a firm commitment to the best international practices of education.
These are some of the areas of particular strength highlighted by the CIS:
- Positive school culture, warmth of welcome and openness of spirit
- Full commitment to continuing school improvement
- Knowledge of the Senior Management Team and Heads of Department, with a proven track record
- Teacher commitment
- High standard of teaching
- Students engaged and enthusiastic about their learning
- Commendable students’ confidence in articulating their learning
- Curriculum adapted to meet the individual needs of the student
- Major focus on the well-being of students and staff
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Shared responsibility and partnership with parents
- Maintenance and ongoing development of a high-quality learning environment
What Sets DBS Apart from Other Schools in Our Area?
- CIS membership
- Apart from Thai and Mandarin, ALL teachers’ first language is English
- World renowned British Curriculum
- Each student’s progress is the result of individualised guidance
- Outstanding pastoral care and well-being of the students
- Superb co-curricular provision and facilities
- Students are confident, articulate, enthusiastic and justifiably proud of DBS
- Complete commitment of the owners to build on DBS success: DBS is NOT a franchise