Bring your children to the ‘DBS Christmas Camp’ with 5 full days of learning at Denla British School 16-20 December, 2019 Open to all students aged 4-14 years, to engage your imagination with “The Magic of Christmas” theme
If you are thinking of something interesting for your children to do, look no further! Christmas is the season that all children dream of decorating the Christmas tree, tasty treats, getting dressed up, and exchanging gifts. It is also a a chance to experience Santa’s world and his elf and reindeer friends. This year, Denla British School (DBS) is opening a DBS Christmas Camp, and is inviting youngsters to open up to a world of festivities, celebrated around the world, by learning English in a variety of ways, such as through technology, performing arts, and cooking, based on the theme of “The Magic of Christmas”. There are 6 options to choose from, suitable for students from EY2 – Y9, or between 4 – 14 years old.
• Camp 1: Maker Space Santa’s Workshop (Y1-Y6), will provide enjoyment on this special holiday celebration with the use of computer design technology and a variety of arts, including three-dimensional printing, and Minecraft coding. Students will enjoy traditional Christmas treats, drawing, and handicrafts, taught by teachers Brad and Cherry Dunphy.
• Camp 2: Travelling Around with Rudolph and his Friends (Y1-Y3). Travel through the snow with Rudolph, one of the 9 cute Santa’s reindeer with its globally renowned unique red nose. Children will learn to sing and construct sentences for Rudolph’s story-telling. Enjoy the thrill of a treasure hunt adventure with Rudolph and friends, and have fun decorating the Christmas tree, with mathematics based on the “The Magic of Christmas” theme, taught by teacher Nicholas Sayers.
• Camp 3: Bricks 4 Kidz Camp (Y1-Y3), for students to practise meditation, and develop their IQ through “learning through play”. Children will enjoy Bricks 4 Kidz, in which they will be able to practise creativity and focus on what is in front of them, by building “bricks” based on the “The Magic of Christmas” theme. Let their new ideas run wild, whether it is in building Santa, reindeers, a house with chimneys, snowmen, elves, skiers, and other creative characters, taught by teacher Ryan Winther.
• Camp 4: Super Celebrations (EY2-Y1) is an exciting topic for the children to learn the charm of different festivals around the world, including Halloween, New Year, Loy Krathong, and their own birthdays. Also included, is creating clay monsters, exploring nocturnal animals, drawing a fireworks festival, and making chocolate cornflake cakes for picnics. Students will also learn about design technology, calculations, stop motion animations, building 3D digital models, and game design, taught by teacher Stef Mildiner.
• Camp 5: Hip Hop Nutcracker (Y2-Y9). Students will be able to imagine their own story about acting and the Christmas story of “The Nutcracker”, and present it through chic and modern hip-hop dance. Dive into the imagination of timeless beautiful festivals in this camp. Students will have the opportunity to learn a variety of stage performance techniques, including hip-hop dancing which will focus on everyone’s favorite Christmas story, “The Nutcracker”, and is taught by teacher “Gail” Daranee Pradabkun.
• Camp 6: Arts for Life (Y1-Y4). Wake up the artistic talent in your child, with fun art activities including makeup training. Students will learn the art of colouring on the face to imitate a fairy tale or fantasy cartoon character, the art of designing a wonderful costume, and the art of speaking English based on the “The Magic of Christmas” theme in this camp. In addition to the excitement, students will also develop their personality, confidence, creativity, and presentation skills taught by teacher “Get” Nisanart Thongkhachok.
On the last day of the camp, students will be showcasing their achievements in the Magic of Christmas and celebrate the Christmas party together. This December 16-20, all youngsters are invited to be a part of the magical DBS Christmas Camp. Contact us at 02-666- 1933 ext. 5111-5113. Price: 12,900 Baht